I was rummaging around in my fabric stash and rediscovered this little remnant of lilac broderie anglaise which was gifted to me by the lovely J-Wo
She used it to sew a beautiful Seashore Sundress all the way back here in 2013, and I shamelessly begged for the leftovers. Turns out she had stashed the fabric for 6 or 7 years, and then I've cellared it for another 5 while ruminating on how best to use it.
I hadn't made the Ice Cream top before and it was a good five years since I'd made the little dresses, and then of course there is THIS TOP... the one that wowed the sewing'net with it's gorgeousness.... Lucinda's top dates all the way back to 2012, but I remembered it, and I knew I wanted to use my embroidered border for the hem of an Ice Cream Blouse. I also figured if I couldn't make a nice garment by straight out copying L. Poel then I might as well give up altogether!
I cut a straight size 7 but then used all of my fabric to add as much hem length as possible. There is probably 3 to 4 extra inches of length (and of course no hem allowance), making it more of a tunic. It's such a roomy blouse and I knew Autumn was closing in fast, so it's sized to fit next summer, and perhaps even the one after.
From the little scrap leftovers, I made a covered button for the back. Then, I confess I kept the tiny bits, even thought I'm trying so hard to clean out all small bits of fabric. I think there might be enough for a wee doll's dress and I know she'd be delighted by that. Whether it happens or not remains to be seen. Maybe that's an idea that needs another 5 to 7 years of marinading. :)