Here's what I want to make:
And here's the conundrum: this is the pattern piece for the back of the top of the dress.
Hang on a moment, the front and back are not cut on the fold and the back piece (I can't read the Japanese for "back" I'm just assuming it's the one with the higher neckline!) looks distinctly asymmetrical. How about a close up of that...
My guess, was that I should cut one back shoulder with an extra 1.5cm added to the pattern piece and then a 2cm seam allowance on top of that. the other shoulder was cut with the regular pattern piece and 1cm seam allowance. The rectangular piece at the bottom was to be the collar and so I figured to do the same. Add 1.5cm to the pattern piece and then another 2cm seam allowance.
I've sewn the dress up to the point of attaching the skirt, and you know what, it's worked perfectly.
I think I got it right!
I'll finish it off, make a cute bag to match and be ready for Japanese (successful) pattern sewing week tomorrow.